Skip to main content

50 beers and Burj Khalifa

I finally manage to get to see Burj Khalifa. And it was monumental. I think so far my favourite place in Dubai. 
I know it’s just a building – of course but there is no building higher! This gigantic colossus have 828 meters. There is Armani hotel, luxury apartments, swimming pool on 78th floor and finally viewing deck on 124th floor with access to the 125th floor.
There is so much to say about the building itself, because till the end nobody knew the exact heigh. The shape of the building is supposed to look like a flower from the top. The air condition and plumbing systems themselfs are just remarkable and don’t let me start with window cleaning. It tooks 4 months to clean whole building!!!
But let’s get to our visit. It was me, Cvija, Nici and Mert. We entered Burj Khalifa through Dubai Mall. We had to go through security check and scan of our things (again…) before we got to the line for elevators. It was super scary! The elevators are dark (on purpose) and you can feel the horrible pressure in your ears because they travel with a speed of 10 m/s! So we were up pretty fast.
We got on a viewing deck, pick the perfect spot and made a lot of photos. Then we looked around, visited first gift shop (I bought nice magnet there) and went to the upper floor. Saw almost the same view but we waited there for the sunset. And the chairs were cool – same like at Žižkov tower!!! Little Prague in Dubai :-D.
After that we visited second gift shop and went to look for elevator (I would like to mention that our whole visit was for 2 hours – so even though it looks like we did nothing it was long one). Again pain in my ears. Third gift shop – these people are really trying to sell these small gold Burj Khalifas for more than 1.000 Dhs. Not today, sorry…
After that Cvija, Nici and Mert left and I enjoyed early evening with Buse in Dubai Mall (article soon). But we couldn’t left without Fountain and Laser show! It was sooo short but I liked it, same as I like videomaping during Signal festival. This was stunning and I even enjoyed the fountain even though everyone said it was bit boring. Maybe I’m learning how to appreciate the small things… but then again… no… I’m just a little kid interested in lights and fountains.
For me  this was worth every dirham. And why is the name 50 beers? Because for this experience I had to spent the same amount of money like for 50 beers. And do you know what? I’m really glad that I spent them. I enjoyed. But I still thinks that Eiffel tower was better. 4.5 points.
And if you remember my first post from here – It was called arriving to SimCity because it looked like that… and now you can really tell that from the picture.


*CZECH*

50 piv a Burdž Chalífa

Tak jsem se konečně dostala na Burdž Chalífu. A byla monumentální. Myslím, že zatím mé nejoblíbenější místo v Dubaji. Já vím, že je to jen budova – jasný, ale zatím neexistuje vyšší! Tenhle gigantickej kolos má 828 metrů. Je v něm Armaniho hotel, luxusní apartmány, bazén na 78. patře a konečně vyhlídková plošina na 124. patře s přístupem do 125. patra.
Je toho tolik co říct o budově samotné, protože třeba až do konce nikdo nevěděl kolik bude přesně měřit. Tvarem má ze shora připomínat květinu. Klimatizační a instalatérské potrubí je promakané k dokonalosti a ani nechtějte abych začala s čištěním oken. Zabere to 4 měsíce než se uklidí celá budova!!!
Ale vraťme se k naší návštěvě. Byla jsem tam já, Cvija, Niky a Mert. Dovnitř jsme se dostaly skrz Dubai Mall. Museli jsme projít bezpečnostní kontrolou a skenem našich věcí (zas…) než jsme se dostali do fronty na výtah. Ten byl super strašidelnej. Byla v něm tma (naschvál) a mohli jste cítit ten tlak v uších protože cestujete rychlostí 10 m/s! Takže jsme byli nahoře docela rychle.
Dostali jsme se na vyhlídkovou plošinu, našli perfektní místo a udělali spoustu fotek. Pak jsme se porozhlédli kolem, navštívili první dárkový obchod (koupila jsem tam krásnou magnetku) a šli do vyššího patra. Viděli jsme témě stejný výhled, ale počkali jsme si na západ slunce. A křesílka byla cool – stejná jak na Žižkovský věži!!! Malá Praha v Dubaji :-D.
Poté jsme navštívili druhý dárkový obchod a začali hledat výtah (ráda bych poznamenala, že naše návštěva trvala 2 hodiny – takže i když to vypadá jako nic bylo to dlouhé). Znovu zalehlé uši. Třetí dárkový obchod – ti lidé se opravdu snaží prodat ty malé Burdž Chalify za víc jak 1.000 dirhamů. Nope… dneska ne… sorry…
Potom odjela Cvija, Niky a Mert a já si užila večer s Buse v Dubai Mall (článek brzy). Ale nemohly bychom odejít bez fontány a laser show! Byly sice hrooozně krátké ale mě se líbily, stejně jako se mi líbí videomaping při Signal festivalu. Tohle bylo dech beroucí a já si i užila fontánu i když všichni říkají že byla docela nudná. Možná se učím jak ocenit ty drobné věci… ale vlastně… ne… jsem jen malý děcko kterýmu se líbí světýlka a fontánky.
Za mě to stálo za každej dirham. A proč je název 50 piv? Protože za tenhle zážitek jsem zaplatila stejný množtví peněz jako bych zaplatila za 50 piv. A víte co? Jsem fakt ráda, že jsem je utratila. Užila jsem si to. Ale pořád si myslím, že Eiffelovka byla lepší. 4,5 bodu.
A pokud si pamatujete můj první post odsud – jmenoval se příjezd do SimCity protože to přesně tak vypadalo… a teď to můžete z fotek i potvrdit.

Comments

  1. Are you a business man or woman? Do you need funds to start up your own business? Do you need loan to settle your debt or pay off your bills or start a nice business? Do you need funds to finance your project? We Offers guaranteed loan services of any amount and to any part of the world for (Individuals, Companies, Realtor and Corporate Bodies) at our superb interest rate of 3%. For application and more information send replies to the following E-mail address: standardonlineinvestment@gmail.com
    Thanks and look forward to your prompt reply.
    Regards,
    Muqse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I failed in my first attempt for Microsoft exam because I couldn’t find a valid study guide. But then I downloaded Pass4sure Microsoft Dumps on the suggestion of my friend and got guaranteed success with exceptional grades. After my experience, I suggest other students to use Microsoft questions and answers to make sure their success.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment